No one wants to get stuck with a heavily damaged roof — without roof protection, our homes, families and belongings are left exposed to the elements. A roof replacement is a necessary investment that restores the safety and durability of your home.
Finding a balance between high quality and the best roof replacement prices can be challenging. With so many materials, companies and costs to consider, how do you find the right roof and the best business to install it? If you’re looking for a new roof, you need to research roof replacement costs to estimate your budget.
Let’s look at the average roof replacement costs in St. Louis and what you’ll have to consider when investing in a new roof.
How Much to Replace a Roof? (Missouri)
While different factors will influence your estimate for roofing in St. Louis, you can expect your new roof to cost anywhere from $5,750 to $17,500. Your exact roof costs will vary based on your budget, needs and roof materials. The more expensive the materials and the more labor involved in the installation, the more your roof will cost. That’s why it’s essential to get a good roofing estimate for your home.
Average Cost of a New Roof St. Louis, MO (Cost Guides)
Companies, material availability and location will also affect roofing costs. Talk to your roofing company to get a professional estimate for your roof replacement. This ensures you get a more accurate figure, and they can inform you about any shortages or other factors affecting your roof replacement job.
Here’s roughly what your new roof will cost based on its size:
- 1,500 square foot roof / 15 squares = $5,750 to $7,500
- 2,000 square foot roof / 20 squares = $8000 to $10,000
- 2,500 square foot roof / 25 squares = $10,250 to $12,500
- 3,000 square foot roof / 30 squares = $12,500 to $15,000
- 3,500 square foot roof / 35 squares = $14,750 to $17,500
When to Replace Your Roof
All roofs are different — material, installation and location will all affect how long your roof lasts. You can expect most roof materials to last anywhere from 20 to 100+ years before needing replacement. With good maintenance and top-quality installation, you can expect to have your roof for many years.
Once you begin to notice signs of aging, like leaks, high energy costs and damaged roof sections, it’s time to call in your roofing expert for an inspection and estimate. They’ll let you know if you need a roof repair or replacement and will work with you to find the best solution for your home.
What Factors Affect Roof Replacement Costs?
After looking at average costs and deciding you need a new roof, it’s time to get your estimate. The actual cost of your new roof will depend on your home’s unique conditions and budget. While investing in any roof will be expensive upfront, you’ll reap the benefits of a quality, durable roof for years to come.
Here are some of the factors that will influence your total roofing cost:
- Size: The more extensive your roof’s area, the more material it will take to build your roof. Additionally, the higher your roof and the more peaks it has, the more your roof cost will increase. Larger, more pitched roofs require higher budgets to cover the material and roofing labor costs for your St. Louis home.
- Material: Different roofing materials will have their own costs. Asphalt shingles are typically at the lower end, while slate roof shingles will lead to a more expensive replacement. Weigh the cost and benefits of different materials before choosing one — some materials will be more expensive but might last longer. Others won’t perform well in the Missourian climate. Consult your roofing expert to learn more about your options.
- Underlayment: Underlayments like ice and water shields protect your home from water damage and seal it for a more durable roof. A good quality underlayment will increase your overall roofing cost, but it’ll help make your roof last longer. The higher quality of the underlayment, the better protected your home will be.
- Drip edge: If you have an older home, your roof might not have a drip edge installed. You’ll need a drip edge installed with your roof replacement to ensure you’re preventing water damage and extending the life of your roof. They’re essential and now a legal requirement according to Chapter 9 of the International Residential Code. Drip edges come in different styles and materials, but they’ll all help strengthen and protect your roof when installed correctly.
- Labor: The more specialized your roofing needs, the higher your labor costs will be. A top-tier roofing company will provide you with a durable, expertly-installed roof. This will save you money in the long run since poor work leads to early damage and expensive roof fixes. You’ll pay more upfront for increased labor and quality, but you’ll save money on repair and replacement costs over the years.
Existing damage is something else you need to watch out for. It’s absolutely essential to get your roof inspected once you see signs of roof damage appearing. Catching these signs early will save you money. It might turn out you only need a repair, not a replacement, saving you money.
Additionally, if you do need a roof replacement, get it done as soon as possible. If existing damage — like water leaks — is allowed to sit unfixed, the problems can become severe. You might not just need a simple roof replacement but also extensive repair to other sections of your home. Get damage fixed early to keep the costs of your roof replacement project down.
Get Your St. Louis, MO Roof Replacement Cost Calculated Today
When it comes to a new roof, you need the best installation and materials to ensure your home is protected. Coldstream Exteriors provides expert roof repair and replacement services to customers in the greater St. Louis, Tampa and Cincinnati areas.
We’ll work with you to find the right materials, underlayment, repairs and replacements for your home and budget. We understand roofs are a significant investment — that’s why we offer 0% and low-interest financing for our roofing projects. You deserve a safe, affordable roof you can rely on.
As top-rated roofing contractors in Saint Louis, Coldstream Exteriors offers superior service at affordable rates to our customers. Our top-notch customer service and industry-leading warranties provide you with a premium roofing experience for your home. This dedication to serving our customers has earned us several awards for our roofing services, including the Angie’s Super Service Award, Top Rated Pro status from Home Advisor and an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
Schedule your free inspection, receive a project quote and start your next roofing project today!